Resistance Temperature Detectors, also known as RTDs and resistance thermometers, are temperature-sensing devices that change resistance at a predetermined rate in response to changes in temperature. They are circuit elements whose resistance increases with increasing temperature in a predictable manner.
Pyrosales’ RTDs are specially designed to ensure precise and repeatable temperature versus resistance characteristics. The sensors are constructed in a unique strain-free manner and use only high quality RTD elements. Ceramic, wire-wound elements, or flat film technology elements are used as per customer’s requirements to ensure the most suitable specification is supplied.
The main advantages of our RTDs include:
- High accuracy/precise measurement
- High signal-to-noise output, which increases the accuracy of data transmission and permits greater distances between the sensor and the measuring equipment
- Physical and chemical stability over a wide temperature range
- Standardisation (elements are available to meet, or exceed, the requirements of various standardisation agencies)
- Wide temperature operating range
- High temperature operating range
- Linear over a wide operating range
- Interchangeability over a wide range
- Repeatability, even after long exposure to temperatures within the operating range
- PT100 temperature
The most common type of Resistance Thermometer (RTD) is the PT100. These sensors are a well-liked choice in many industries, mainly laboratories and industrial processes. The main reason for their use is due to their stability and accuracy. They are superior measuring instruments which provide confidence in terms of repeatability. Be assured that you will get the same results for each temperature readout.RTDs are categorised into industrial, as well as general purpose. Other type that are available are the PT100, PT250, PT500 and PT1000.